The main purpose of Loops in Excel VBA is to help you learn how to create procedures that repeatedly execute a set of statements. You achieve this by working with loops.
The ability to repeatedly execute a set of statements in a procedure:
- Allows you to create even more powerful procedures; and
- Explains a substantial part of VBA's power.
Loops in Excel VBA:
- Is part of my VBA Fundamentals Book Series; and
- Assumes you know about the topics covered in: (i) My previous Book Series, particularly the Excel Macros for Beginners Book Series; and (ii) The previous Books in the VBA Fundamentals Book Series, particularly Control Flow and Decision-Making in Excel VBA.
Loops in Excel VBA is divided into six Chapters.
- Chapter 1 is an introduction to loops in VBA.
- In Chapter 2, you learn how to work with one of the main types of VBA loops: Fixed iteration loops.
- Chapter 3 contains examples to help you practice working with fixed iteration loops.
- In Chapter 4, you learn how to work with the second (main) type of VBA loop: Indefinite loops.
- Chapter 5 contains examples to help you practice working with indefinite loops.
- In Chapter 6, you learn: (i) How (and when) to nest loops; and (ii) How to avoid (or handle) infinite loops.