The main purpose of Error Handling in Excel VBA is to help you handle errors in VBA.
As you learn in Error Handling in Excel VBA:
- Errors may happen.
- One of your (main) objectives when programming is to avoid errors.
- In practice, VBA users of all levels (from beginner to advanced) must (from time to time) deal with errors.
- You (generally) do not want errors to occur when a user executes a procedure.
Because of the above:
- Error handling is an essential skill for (virtually) any VBA Developer (like you).
- You are likely to often deal with (and handle) errors.
Error Handling in Excel VBA:
- Is part of my VBA Fundamentals Book Series; and
- Assumes you know about the topics covered in: (i) My previous Book Series, particularly the Excel Macros for Beginners Book Series; and (ii) The previous Books in the VBA Fundamentals Book Series, particularly Control Flow and Decision-Making in Excel VBA.
Error Handling in Excel VBA is divided into four Chapters.
- Chapter 1 is an introduction to errors in VBA.
- Chapter 2 is an introduction to error handling in VBA.
- In Chapter 3, you learn: (i) About error trapping settings; and (ii) How to specify the appropriate error trapping settings to handle errors.
- In Chapter 4, you learn how to work with the basic error handling construct in Excel VBA: The On Error statement.